GitHub for beginners: collaborating with the dev community
GitHub has long served as one of the most popular collaboration tools for developers. Even so, things can get complicated and confusing. In this session, you will be introduced to the basics of GitHub, collaboration workflow and the importance of version control, even for personal projects. Join us as we explore the GitHub tool set and begin leveraging it for your own development and collaboration needs.
Where to watch
Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 4:00 - 4:30pm PDT
See Who Was There
Check out the Ignite Shareboard to see who all attended the talk!
If you attended and want to add your name and note, follow the instructions on the intro-to-github README for Ignite 2021.
- Learn with Dr G Series on Git and GitHub
- Collaborate with others with Markdown and GitHub Pages
- Build community-driven software projects on GitHub
- GitHub For Dummies book by Sarah Guthals and Phil Haack
- How to Create a GitHub Template Repository
- How to choose the right open source license
- How to create a profile README